Up to 17 hours of continuing education are being planned
- Pre-Conference (3 hours)
- General Sessions (13 hours)
- Poster Presentation (1 hour)
- Discuss advances in theoretical and clinical knowledge impacting individuals affected by wound, ostomy, continence or foot care issues.
- Describe examples of evidence-based practice and multidisciplinary approaches to enhance outcomes in various health care settings
- Describe examples of evidence-based practice as it pertains to WOC nursing specialties.
This activity is being submitted to the Alabama State Nurses Association for approval to award contact hours. Alabama State Nurses Association is accredited as an approver of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
A revised agenda will be available shortly
Symposia planning is still in progress
Non-CE Educational Symposia are being planned:
- 1 Breakfast
- 2 Lunch
- 1 Dinner
The SER of the WOCN® Society Board is actively planning our September Conference and we are committed to providing a safe, enjoyable and productive event.
Rosen Hotel Covid Plan
- Quick acting hydrogen peroxide based disinfectant will be used in public and private areas.
- Adjusting to ensure social distancing between associates and guests and to limit cross-contact of common items. This includes putting in place space capacity limits, furniture rearrangements, queuing floor decals and other procedures to promote social distancing among guests.
- Posting the CDC’s guidelines on hand washing, covering coughs and sneezes as reminders to guests and associates, while increasing the number of hand sanitizer dispensers that are available and easily accessible throughout the hotels.
- Placing clear protective barriers at the front desk to separate guests and front desk associates.
- Using hospital-grade disinfectants designed to kill viruses when thoroughly sanitizing each guestroom with electrostatic sprayers and to ensure touch points and commonly handled items throughout the hotels and guestrooms are are more frequently disinfected throughout the day.
- Bed and bath linens are cleaned at the company-owned, computer-controlled and monitored on-site laundry facility in water temperatures hot enough to kill viruses. The laundering process also uses steam which further disinfects linens; while virus-eliminating detergents are used. Carts transporting linens from the company’s laundry facility to each hotel are sanitized with fast-acting disinfectants.
- Screening associates to include temperature checks before each shift. All ill associates will be instructed to remain at home. Associates also have been trained and are frequently reminded on how to assess for symptoms and how to notify management for assistance and guidance.
- Key management will be continuously apprised on the latest developments. Rosen associates, who play an integral part in the efforts, will be regularly briefed on the need for proper and consistent hygiene practices.
Additional Conference Plan
- Hand Sanitizer available in conference areas
- Wearing masks as per CDC Guidelines
- Maintain Social Distancing per CDC Guidlines
- Reduced seating at tables in session rooms
- Reduced seating at tables during meal functions