The Poster Committee invites you to submit an abstract describing a case series/study, practice innovation or clinical research study in the areas of wound, ostomy, continence or foot care for poster presentation. Current Board and Poster Committee members are not eligible to receive cash awards but are still welcome to submit their abstracts.
Reneé Epting Poster Awards:
- 1st Place ~ $1000*
- 2nd Place ~ $ 500
- 3rd Place ~ $ 250
*NOTE: Award recipients will be solely responsible for all federal, state and/or local taxes associated with the award. In the event, a recipient receives an award of $600 or more, they will be required to complete an IRS W-9 form before receiving payment.
The Poster Committee completes the review process. Abstracts are blind reviewed (meaning the persons who read and rate an abstract do not know any details about the author).
Posters previously presented at other conferences (except SER conferences) will be considered for acceptance..
- Submission Due Date: July 12, 2020
- Corrections if requested: July 26, 2020
- Poster file: August 16, 2020
All date/times are midnight EDT
Looking for ideas or Help?
SER of the WOCN® Society hosted an e-Learn program “Tips for Abstract Writing and Poster Design/Display”. Click here to review this presentation
For additional ideas, vist the Past Conferences page to view prior years' posters.
- Submissions will be accepted through July 12, 2020
- Download and review the Abstract-Checklist-Guidelines PDF file.
- Your poster should be self-explanatory.
- You may not use brand and/or company names in your poster. They can be included as a footnote.
- At least one author must register and pay the regular registration fee to attend the SER Conference.
- Each author must provide Conflict of Interest information. The primary author is responsible for collecting and including this information on the abstract submission form. In the event there are more than 10 authors listed, contact email@example.com for an additional COI form. We cannot make exceptions after the submission date has passed (7/12/2020).
- Abstracts go through a blind review process, be sure neither the author name(s) nor facility affiliation(s) appear in the abstract body text.
- Your credentials on your abstract and poster should be listed in the following order:
- Education (Highest earned degree first)
- License (Designation required by the state)
- National Certification
- Awards and Honors
- Other Certifications
- A PDF or PowerPoint copy of your actual poster is required no later than August 16, 2020 to be eligible for judging and a cash award. Submit your poster to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If your file is larger than 15 Mb, contact email@example.com for instructions on how to submit it.
- Prior to conference, we will assign a freestanding 4 x 8 feet poster board on which to display your poster. You will be notified of your assigned poster board number. Poster materials should be on a thin poster paper / cardboard or they will likely not stay in position. Poster size should be no more than 3.5 x 7.5 feet.
- You may display only one poster per abstract submission.
- We will provide push pins to attach your poster to the board. If you prefer another method of securing your poster, you will need to provide the supplies.
- Handouts are neither required nor recommended. All posters will be available online for attendees to download and/or print after conference.
- Poster travel tubes and containers must be removed from the poster display area once you hang your poster. We cannot store these for you.
- There will not be access to electricity in the poster session area.
- Presenters are responsible for the set-up and pick-up of their posters at the designated times. If your poster is not removed by the designated time (Saturday by 11:30 AM), it will be discarded. SER of the WOCN® Society does not accept responsibility for missing or discarded posters.
- Consider posting your contact information on your board in the event other participants would like to ask you more about your research. This may be displayed as a small unlined card (information should be typed) or a business card.
All poster abstracts must convey relevance to the field of wound, ostomy, continence and foot care nursing in one of the following areas:
- Case Series / Study
- Practice Innovation
- Clinical Research
Abstract Content and Format Overview
NOTE: All personal or facility identifying information will be redacted before the committee reviews abstracts for acceptance.
Abstracts are brief summaries of the overall goal of an offering and the specific ideas or concepts to be presented, including outcomes and implications for practice. Abstracts should be brief (300 word limit) and answer four questions:
- What was the problem?
- How did the author(s) solve it?
- What was discovered? What was the result?
- What can be learned from the experience
- The abstract title should convey the content of the abstract and must not contain product trade names.
- Do not include any images or tables with your abstract submission.
- References are optional and should be limited to no more than five.
Abstract Acceptance Criteria
- The description is clear and reproducible
- At least 3 cases for a case series; a single case (rarely) for an extremely complex or unusual problem
- The Case Series/Study utilizes new or current interventions or technology
- The outcomes are clearly presented
- Project is innovative and presents a new approach
- Project’s primary aspect is clear and pertinent
- Project outcomes are clearly stated
- Information is relevant and current
- The purpose of the research is clearly stated
- The method describes the study and includes details of materials utilized
- Results and conclusion are clearly stated
- Information is current and relevant