Voting is now closed
Positions Open for Election in 2018
President-ElectThe President-Elect shall, in the absence of the President, preside at all meetings of the Region and the Region Board of Directors; shall automatically succeed to the office of President at the end of the presiding President’s term; and shall perform all duties incident to the office of President-Elect and such other duties as may be prescribed by the President or by the Region Board of Directors.
Director of AwardsThe Director of Awards shall serve as the coordinator of the Southeast Region of the WOCN® Society's Nurse of the Year Award, Rookie of the Year Award, State Recognition Award, Dorothy Doughty Educational Scholarships and the Annual Conference Scholarships. The term of this position is 2 years, and may be elected for a second two year term.
Director of CommunicationsThe Director of Communications shall coordinate with the webmaster to maintain the SER of the WOCN® Society website, serve as editor for blast emails and manage the Social Media account(s). The candidate must be proficient in Microsoft Office® applications and basic computer skills. The term of this position is 2 years, and may be elected for a second two year term.
Directors attend two board meetings / year. One meeting usually held in January on a Friday and Saturday for planning conference details. The other meeting held at the annual conference - usually on Wednesday evening. All approved costs and expenses are reimbursed per our operating policy.
Online Voting closed - August 15, 2018
Top Six Reasons to Serve on the Board
- Your support allows for the Southeast Region of the WOCN® Society to continue promoting high standards for all WOC nurses
- Each Board member receives a stipend to cover expenses for winter board meeting and Conference
- Leadership role provides PGP points toward re-certification
- Regional Offices can help you to prepare for National Office
- Great networking
- Become a valued member of the SER of the WOCN® Society
The Difference is You!
- June 15: Nominations / Consent to Serve Forms Due
- July 1: Candidate Profiles Online
- July 15: Online Voting Opens
- August 15: Online Voting Closes
- Results are Announced at Conference in Myrtle Beach!
Qualifications and Term
- No person may serve as a Director unless he or she has been a member of the Region and the WOCN Society for at least one year. In addition, a candidate for President or President-Elect should have served at least one year on the Region Board.
- Region members who are employed by a commercial industry that provides products or services as defined in the WOCN policy are eligible to serve on the Region Board of Directors (“Industry Director”), provided that no more than two (2) Industry Directors, each of whom must be from different companies, may serve on the Region Board at any time.
- Directors serve for a term of TWO (2) years from their election or appointment and may serve TWO (2) consecutive terms IN THE SAME OFFICE. In no event may any Director of the Region serve for more than ten (10) consecutive years.
- No member who is holding office as an Officer or Area Director on the WOCN Board of Directors may concurrently serve on the Region Board of Directors.
- The President-Elect automatically succeeds to the office of President at the end of his or her term as President-Elect; and for one year as Past-President to help mentor the new incoming President-Elect.
- The term of office for each director shall begin on the first day of the calendar year following his or her election.